- 17-jun-2008: Launch of Firefox3.0
- 30-jun-2009: Launch of Firefox3.5
- 30-dec-2009: End-of-life for Firefox3.0
- 22-jun-2010: Formal “ok to poweroff” Firefox3.0 machines
- 23-jun-2010: Firefox 3.0 machines are finally offline.
Personally, I have mixed feelings here – some of these are machines that rhelmer and I setup as I was first joining Mozilla. But probably the biggest feeling for me is relief! Removing these cvs-based, dedicated-unique machines will simplify the support work of RelEng and IT.
We’re recycling the physical hardware where possible, and the VMs in the meta-physical-bits-sense into new builder VMs in the pool-o-slaves where they can be more useful. All good and of course, you can follow details in bug#554226.