- The numbers for this month are:
- 1,264 code changes to our mercurial-based repos, which triggered 133,897 jobs:
- 14,003 build jobs, or ~107 jobs per hour.
- 58,110 unittest jobs, or ~86 jobs per hour.
- 61,694 talos jobs, or ~92 talos jobs per hour.
- Our Unittest and Talos load continues high, like last month, and we expect this to jump further as more OS are still being added to Talos.
- Once we start running Unittests on all the Talos OS, we expect load to jump again. In advance of that, we’re spinning up more machines to handle this future spike in load.
- The trend of “what time of day is busiest” changed again this month. Not sure what this means, but worth pointing out that each month seems to be different. This makes finding a “good” time for a downtime almost impossible.
- The entire series of these infrastructure load blogposts can be found here.
- We are still not tracking down any l10n repacks, nightly builds, release builds or any “idle-timer” builds.
Here’s how the math works out (Descriptions of build, unittest and performance jobs triggered by each individual push are here: